I am listing few important logs from SCCM server as well as clients
Server Logs ( try to use tracert32 utility from configmgr2007 tollkit to open logs. But not all like this utility.)
- Wsyncmgr.log – In this log we can able to see the sync updates between WSUS and SCCM server.
- Mpcontrol.log – Current status of Management point. If you see (Call to httpsendrequestsync succeeded for port 80 with status code 200,text ok http test request succeeded,successfully performed Management Point avaialbility check against local computer) This means MP is working fine.
- Mp_status.log – Can see the MP status
- Sender.log – Can see any errors related to the site to site communitation between the central site and the child sites.
- distmgr.log – Able to see any DP to DP issues/transffering and erros
- WUAHandler.log – Can see any Group Policy Conflicts
- locationservices.log -Checking and retriving MP availability
Client side Logs
Location – C:\windows\system32\ccm\logs ( 32 bit clients)
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\Logs ( 64 bit clients)
updatesstore.log , updatesdeployment.log , updateshandler.log : Can check windows updates details.
Full log information