Last week our MS SQL Database Server had severe hardware issues and it was down and can’t boot. The Enterprise vault 9.0 databases are contains in this server. So none of the users cannot open archived emails because there is no database connectivity with EV.
We are regularly taking backup of these databases by using Symantec Netbackup 7.0 version. So we need to do a restore from Netbackup server to another SQL server. In a nutshell EV disaster recover y has to perform. Yes we have done this activity successfully and i would like to share that experience with you all.
Enterprise vault server 9.0 – Installed on Windows 2008 R2 server
MS SQL 2008 R2
Symantec Net backup 7.0
Prepared new server for MS SQL Database with same name and Ip addres
- Installed Windows 2008 Server Ent R2 OS in server
- Installed SQL 2008 Server Enterprise R2 Edition
- Installed Office 2007
- Installed EV client
- Mount disks from Netapp ( Space taken from Netapp storage)
- Patched and installed all the basic software’s and Antivirus
- Installed NetBackup agent
- Given the Evadmin (EV service account) local admin and SQL sys admin permission
- IIS and .net installed
- Name, IP and versions are same as the old server
Now the Database server is ready for restore. Below screenshot is taken from Netbackup server. I will list which order we have to restore all the database.
Stop the EV services from EV server before start restoring
- Restore from Netbackup server –>Backup archive GUI–> Select the EV server
- First restore –> Directory DB
- Then —>Audit DB
- Then–> Monitoring DB
- Evsite–> EV Vault store Group–>EV Vault store DB Mangers ( we have managers vault store)
- Evsite –> EV Vault store Group–> EV Vault store DB users ( we have users vault store)
- Manager Partition (Evsite–>EV vault storage group–>V Vault store–>All Partition–>Open partitio
- User Partition (Evsite–>EV vault storage group–>EV Vault store–>All Partition–>Open partition
- Reinstall EV application ( to sync /update EV binaries) –>RunEVsetup.exe. It wont affect y0ur EV server
Now users can able to open the archived emails.